Counselling gives you the opportunity to discuss issues that are causing you concern in a safe and supportive environment.

Many people find that talking with a trained counsellor helps them to work out better ways to deal with issues in their life or relationships. 

Anyone concerned about themselves or someone else can go to counselling.

Alcohol and drug services will accept self-referrals. Typically you will need to make an appointment. Mental health services generally require a referral from a General Practitioner, private psychiatrist or public mental health service. We recommend you check with the service you’re interested in to make sure.

See below for a list of services that may help you.

Helplines are also available for immediate, quick support.

Mental Health:

Alcohol and Other Drugs:

The Community Alcohol and Drug Services also provide counselling:




* These services are not funded by the Mental Health Commission.