Psychologists and psychiatrists

You may wish to see a psychologist, psychiatrist or other mental health professional.

Visit your GP for advice or referrals to these services, or search the web for a professional in your area.

The Australian Psychological Society and the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists each have listings of their professionals on their websites.

Better Access is a Federal Government initiative that provides better access to mental health practitioners through Medicare. Visit the Federal Department of Health's website for more information.